CD Formulation has professional production facilities and management experience, as well as professional staff with extensive expertise. We can provide capsule excipients with different specifications and quality requirements, and customize the production of corresponding products according to customer needs.
Capsules have a very long history. The first capsules were created in Egypt as early as 1500 BC. Capsules are normally divided into hard capsules and soft capsules. Hard capsules, also known as hollow capsules, are composed of two halves: a cap and a body, while the soft capsules are processed into products from film-forming materials and contents at the same time, which is primarily used for oils and for active ingredients that are dissolved or suspended in oil. Besides, according to raw materials, hollow capsules generally include: gelatin hollow capsules and plant-derived hollow capsules (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose capsule, HPMC capsule).
Diluents, lubricants, glidants, disintegrants, wetting agents, adhesives, etc. are the principal excipients for capsules. The capsule can achieve the desired pharmacokinetic parameters and lower manufacturing costs with the help of the right excipients. It makes pharmaceutical product manufacturing easier and ultimately helps the drug's physiological absorption.
(1) Diluents: Improve the physical properties of the contents and increase the volume, with certain compressibility. Commonly used diluents are mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, lactose, pregelatinized starch 1500, corn starch, etc.
(2) Lubricants: Prevent the adhesion of powder to metal materials. Common materials include magnesium stearate, glyceryl monostearate, stearic acid, talc, etc.
(3) Glidants: Improve the fluidity of the contents. Commonly used glidants are micro-silica gel and talcum powder.
(4) Disintegrants: Ensure the disintegration of the contents. Common disintegrants include crosslinked cellulose, corn starch, crospovidone, pregelatinized starch 1500, etc.
(5) Wetting agents: Increase the wettability of the drug and the dissolution medium to ensure the efficacy of the preparation. Polysorbate 80, sodium lauryl sulfate, etc.
(6) Adhesives: The adhesive binds the drug powder together at the time of granulation, such as starch slurry, CMC-Na, etc.
CD Formulation is a leading manufacturer of excipients that help improve the performance of pharmaceuticals and other products in the pharmaceutical industry. We develop, manufacture and market pharmaceutical excipients in solid, semi-solid and liquid dosage forms. If you have any requirements on excipients, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email in time, our colleagues will reply to you within 2-4 working days.