Hollow microneedles, in essence, are micron-sized micro syringes in which the drug is pre-loaded into a hollow structure or needle cavity, and after the hollow needle tip is pierced into the skin, the drug enters the body driven by the pressure of the tissue fluid concentration gradient to achieve drug delivery. Hollow microneedles can greatly increase the rate of transdermal drug delivery with higher dose and accurate delivery, and can improve patient compliance and facilitate drug delivery. As a new transdermal drug delivery technology, hollow microneedles have shown great potential in recent years for the delivery of small molecule drugs, peptides, vaccines and insulin.
Fig.1 Diagram of a hollow microneedle. (Rn et al., 2020)
CD Formulation's team is a leading expert in drug delivery systems, and we can customize drug delivery methods based on drug properties and customer needs. CD Formulation can provide you with a one-stop shop for all your drug delivery needs.
CD Formulation provides professional hollow microneedle technology services to help our clients better develop their drugs.
Our hollow microneedle technology services include:
1. Analyze the drug delivery method. Due to the excellent characteristics of the hollow microneedle itself, all procedures can be optimized after selecting our technology. The optimization is divided into preparation of hollow microneedles, performance evaluation, process optimization and mass production.
2. The solutions offered by hollow microneedle technology include: hollow microneedle arrays, permissible drug loading, consistency of hollow microneedle geometry, control of drug delivery efficiency, etc.
Our professional pharmacy experts and laboratory instrumentation can bring you comprehensive technical services and solutions to help you achieve drug development to drug delivery integration.
(1) Low cost, simple preparation and easy mass production.
(2) High retention of the hollow structure and geometry of traditional hypodermic needles, with high drug loading capacity and good penetration performance.
(3) Minimally invasive, painless, high biosafety, and high patient compliance.
Transdermal immunization can effectively absorb and present the antigen and trigger the body to produce an immune response.
Hollow microneedles enable the preparation of nanoparticle antigens for non-invasive intradermal delivery and have the potential to modulate the intradermal immune response to protein antigens.
Hollow microneedles significantly reduce injection pain, improve compliance with insulin administration, and have a faster onset of action for hollow microneedle intradermal delivery of insulin.
CD Formulation provides integrated innovation solutions from strategy to implementation to help you increase opportunities and address challenges. Through our in-depth experience in many different industries, including consumer and technology, we bring innovative solutions and cross-industry best practices to drug development.
If you have a requirement about our services, please contact us by phone or email, our colleagues will reply to you within three working days.